Considering I moved here with only two suitcases in 2005, I have a hell of a lot of things now. I moved to America as a postgraduate student, to go to Columbia, to write a PhD. Which I didn't actually write. But being ABD ("All But Dissertation", "Almost Bloody Done", "Ah But Didn't") suits me fine and I don't regret it. Actually, perhaps I should regret it. I wonder if I were Dr. Yaffle, rather than Ms. Yaffle, it would be easier to persuade the UK to hire me as a teacher. I don't have the Holy Grail and Must-Have teaching certification in the UK, the P.G.C.E. - but perhaps Dr. Yaffle would have more of a chance being hired by a British private school than Ms. Yaffle does. . . that kind of regret is entirely pointless, but it's an old 2-am friend, this week. But that's a post for another day, I can talk hiring woes and certification and experience and school systems later. This is a post about our stuff. As I type this, in my...
Comments
Post a Comment