My prime.

I've finally reached an age where I finish lipsticks.  I've just realized I'm about to finish this lipstick (Clinique Butter Shine: 413: Raspberry Rush, if you're interested, and L'Oreal Glossy Balm: 206 Vintage Rose for the days when I don't want such colour coverage).

 This is remarkable: I don't know if I've ever actually done that before. I've lost tons of lipsticks, or got bored with them and thrown them out, or decided they don't suit me and thrown them out - but I don't think I've ever stuck with one and used it up before. The 'feeling accomplished and grown up' moment was realizing that this lipstick really works for me, my wardrobe, my day-to-day lipstickery needs; and when I DO finish it, I'll buy another.  Not blithely try the ones on sale, not buy ones I've read about - I'll buy this kind, because it works.

I have found my 'everyday' lipstick, people! Therefore, I'm an accomplished grownup lady! It's very likely I will wear these throughout my prime. 

I'm not going to lead young people to fascism in my prime, by the way, but in other respects I think Miss Jean Brodie was probably correct about one's prime. I feel it coming.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I know we're lucky.